Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering University of Pisa
This Master’s program taught completely in English and it lasts 2 years with a total of 120 ECTS credits earned. This program has only one intake (September). The Master of Science program in Nuclear Engineering is based on the long tradition in teaching Nuclear Engineering at the University of Pisa, started in 1960. The study matters cover all the important areas necessary for acquiring high-level competences in the field, including Reactor Physics, Nuclear Reactor Thermal-Hydraulics, Structural Mechanics, Radiation Measurement and Health Effects, Nuclear Reactor Power Plant Technology, Nuclear Materials, Nuclear Reactor Control and Operation, Nuclear Reactor Safety and Reliability.
In this course:
Program Pre-Requisites / documents to be provided for pre evaluation:
- Bachelor’s Degree (in English or Italian, any format). The candidate should have passed sufficient university level prior examinations in mathematics, physics, chemistry, thermo-dynamics, thermal machines, mechanical drawing, continuum mechanics and machine design. A list of necessary courses passed see here: http://younuclear.ing.unipi.it/faq/faq_display.html
- Curriculum Vitae (translated in English or Italian).
- The academic transcript with the full list of courses and grades (in English or Italian).
- Achievements (for non-EU candidates only): a list of competences and skills acquired by the candidate during his/her academic and professional experience, and deemed to be crucial for the admission to the Master Degree Program (no more than 2.000 characters).
- English proficiency certificate for non-English mother tongue. Minimum requirements: CEF B2; IELTS 6.5. The evaluation committee will assess the proficiency in English during the interview.
An internal Evaluation Committee will select students based on their application and a teleconference interview (via Skype). For more information about the application process please write to email@example.com