Master Degree in Computer Science University of Genoa
Master Degree Course in Computer Science
The Master of Science is organized in two curricula:
- Data Science & Engineering, centered on the management, analysis, and visualization of massive amounts of digital data for artificial intelligence, visual computing, iot, or business intelligence technologies, and
- Software Security & Engineering, devoted to the development of high-quality, innovative software systems through state of the art technologies, security assessment, hardening techniques, and standardized processes.
Data science and engineering:
The know-how and competence required to effectively manage and analyse data are pivotal in the development of technologies able to support the decision making process, and to improve quality of life by producing smarter systems or delivering better services.
You will learn to
- model, process, and extract knowledge from data,
- deal with heterogeneous, complex, and noisy data, and
- interact with domain experts and understand their problems and demands
by focusing on artificial intelligence, visual computing, internet of things, or business intelligence technologies.
Software security and engineering:
Digital technologies underlie all aspects of our life: from the ubiquitous apps everybody uses many times a day, to the less obvious software embedded into appliances, vehicles, and critical systems. Unsecure, poorly performing, badly designed software has become a threat to smooth management, safety, and security of our society. High-quality software needs to be carefully produced and maintained, through professional processes and cutting edge technologies.
You will learn
- security assessment of software systems and hardening techniques,
- development of secure-by-design software,
- high-quality methodologies for software development,
- cutting-edge technologies, and
- software project management.
Duration: 2 Years
Admission: Free access
Teaching language: English
Teaching mode: Lectures
Taxes and fees: From 0 to 3000 euros per year (depending upon your family income).
International partnerships: Student exchange